Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What Happens Online, Stays Online


Last night I went to an Israeli Independence Day party at Marquee. The highlight of my night was dancing to DJ Nadav Vee's off the charts house music and seeing the Israeli flag waved around a dance floor!

There were all different kinds of characters showing their love for the amazing state of Israel. Mostly single folks looking to have a good time and hopefully going home with someone and if not someone, then at least a phone number or new Facebook friend or more twitter followers.

I definitely had a chance to catch up with old friends who I (literally) haven't seen in years...funny how they all asked, "so...what's new? How’s life? Dating anyone?” I kind of sounded like a broken record, “things are great! Nothing new…what’s good with you?”—avoiding the “are you dating anyone?” part of the question.  The back and forth of easy surface conversation was actually all I could have handled last night.



But since we’re on the topic of ‘dating,’ why don’t we talk about the guys who have reached out to me JDate (Jewish Singles Dating Site) pretending to not know me last night. Yes. There were at least two JDate "matches" at the party last night I wanted to introduce myself to but neither one of them actually had the nerve to face me (I wonder). I was just going to say hello. It’s not like I was going to “call you out” on being on a Jewish dating site and make fun of you and tell everyone at the party, “hey guys!!! Look here…I met this guy online!!!”

So now whatever happens online stays online?? I must have missed that memo.

No comments:

Post a Comment